Senior Technical Animator / Character TD wanted for AAA Studio
||Artist & Animator
What you will do:
- You will work closely within the Technical Animation team to define processes & tools to help the overall quality improvement of our character animation workflow in the most efficient way possible;
- You will work closely with the Animation, Modeling and Outsourcing staff to turn their art assets into runtime assets;
- You will works closely with the Engineering staff to develop tools and workflows, and to troubleshoot runtime issues;
- You will collaborate with the Art, Design, and Animation teams to help meet aesthetic and in-game requirements while working within technical specifications;
- You will help ensure that art and animation quality is not compromised by limitations of technical specifications and processes;
- You will assume responsibility for the creation of animation rigs, with an emphasis on ease of use for our animators, while maintaining compatibility with and reusability in existing workflows and assets;
- You will oversee the rigging/skinning of a wide variety of assets, organic and inorganic, and drive the development of tools to aid in the speed of their development;
- You will research and develop new techniques, approaches and solutions as required;
- You will incorporate skinning and the setup of procedural-driven systems into your day-to-day tasks.
Who You Are:
- You have more than 5 years of professional experience in the games industry with more than one shipped AAA title, or an equivalent amount of experience from a related industry;
- You have experience working with game engines and game systems;
- You have a firm grasp of anatomy and mechanical rigging;
- You have excellent Maya skills;
- You are proficient with scripting languages Python (first), Maya Python API (second);
- You are always at the forefront of new techniques, research and technology;
- You are able to properly estimate time to complete work and manage competing priorities;
- You work well with others and are proactive at problem solving;
- You enjoy expanding your knowledge and sharing what you know;
- You possess strong communications skills, and have a good grasp of the English language.
- You’re proficient with C++;
- You have experience with 'Scriptable Rigging';
- You have experience with authoring/maintaining art-to-engine exporters;
- You have previous experience with animation and/or modeling;
- You have experience with rigging/mocap in MotionBuilder .
Follow Interactive Selection jobs on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/interactive-selection Facebook at www.facebook.com/Interactive.Selection and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/gamesjobs
Interactive Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are an equal opportunity recruitment agency that values diversity. We encourage clients to welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
I wish to apply for a job via or register my personal details with Interactive Selection for the purpose of seeking job opportunities within games and interactive entertainment.