Senior Lighting Artist Wanted Unreal Studio England
||Artist & Animator
||South East England
||30000.00 - 50000.00 per annum
This AAA action adventure studio is looking for a talented senior lighting artist to work on their next gen title.
- Work with Designers, Artists, Technical Artists and Programmers to create real time lighting for environments, cinematics, characters, whilst understanding the project’s requirements and platforms limitations.
- Be a one stop shop for all things lighting
- Collaborate with the Art Director to realize the project’s artistic lighting vision
- Test new lighting tech and tools including optimization and maintenance of asset quality
Who you are
- 5+ years of professional experience as a dedicated lighting artist, with one full production cycle for a AAA game on current gen console hardware (PS4, Xbox1).
- Adapt to all lighting and shading techniques such as baked lighting, dynamic deferred lighting, IBL and real time and offline global illumination know how to get the best out of each system.
- Creation of realistic skydomes as a source of lighting
- Enhance the player’s experience by lighting
- Strong UE4 knowledge and experience with its blueprint system.
- 3ds Max and Adobe Photoshop
- Houdini experience would be a plus
- Colour theory and image composition skills
- Strong knowledge of PBR shading in current gen games. Must know how light and materials behave in the real world and how this applies in game.
- Strong understanding of cinematography and how to implement lighting for cinematic scenes.
Please ensure you include a lighting portfolio for consideration for this role.
We are an equal opportunities recruitment agency that values diversity and do not discriminate. We encourage clients to welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Follow Interactive Selection jobs on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/interactive-selection Facebook at www.facebook.com/Interactive.Selection and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/gamesjobs
Interactive Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are an equal opportunity recruitment agency that values diversity. We encourage clients to welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
I wish to apply for a job via or register my personal details with Interactive Selection for the purpose of seeking job opportunities within games and interactive entertainment.