Want to work at the forefront of VFX production?
I'm recruiting an experienced C++ programmer to join a forward thinking R & D department.
You will support multiple projects, from intitial design to post production, delivering pioneering tools to to tackle increasingly complex challenges, with stunning results.
You will be tasked with a variety of responsibilities spanning the full software development life-cycle; designing, supporting and maintaining software, integrating tools into the Pipeline, and even further extension as work adapts and new challenges arise.
A passion for solving complex problems is a must!
What you'll need to do:
- Liaise with artists and project supervisors to understand current and upcoming production challenges
- Investigate appropriate solutions and techniques to address challenges
- Present ideas to the R&D Lead or Senior Programmer in the team
- Plan the development of tools and break-down the plan into tasks
- Communicate development timeframes to the Technology Project Manager and stakeholders
- Develop usable tools that are fit for purpose and integrate into the Pipeline
- Maintain, revise and extend existing tools
- Take responsibility for the testing of your own tools with the assistance of the R&D Software Tester
- Support end-users during production
- Produce technical documentation and user manuals
To do this you'll need:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent subject
- Solid understanding of computer graphics and mathematics
- Excellent knowledge of C++ and Python (other languages a plus)
- Solid knowledge and experience of a variety of programming libraries, such as Boost, OpenGL, etc.
- Experience with relevant application APIs such as Houdini, Maya and Nuke is desirable
- An understanding of relevant third-party technologies, such as Alembic, OpenEXR, OpenColorIO, etc is desirable
- Experience of development in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with other VFX software packages is advantageous
You will be:
- Knowledgeable and interested in emerging industry technologies
- Smart, driven and adaptable
- Logical and practical in approach to solving complex problems
- Able to future-plan beyond the scope of the current development task
- Team oriented and organised
- A strong communicator – both verbal and written
- Able to articulate complex technical information to non-technical people
Follow Interactive Selection jobs on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/interactive-selection Facebook at www.facebook.com/Interactive.Selection and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/gamesjobs
Interactive Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are an equal opportunity recruitment agency that values diversity. We encourage clients to welcome applicants from all backgrounds.