Assistant Concept Art Director wanted for studio in Chengdu
||Artist & Animator
JD Assistant Concept Art Director
The Assist Concept Art Director is responsible for creation of the concept art for all clients. Working closely with Team Members, the AAD oversees the visual style and maintains the production values until the final delivery. The AAD must have a strong knowledge of various culture and design esthetics. Understanding of history, architecture and costume design is a must. The Director initially produces artwork themselves, setting creative standard. Throughout the production the AAD supervises a team of artists insuring the stylistic and historical accuracy.
- More than 10 years’ experience of concept art works in game industry, at least 2 years’ experience of leadership
- Manage at least a team of 10+ Junior and Senior concept artists engaged in different kinds of projects (different styles, genres, platforms etc.)
- Establish Art production pipeline in coordination with clients.
- Ensure technical and artistic quality of deliverables.
- Manage communication with clients about artistic and technical matters
- Design and create quality benchmarks for other concept artists in the team. This may include (but not limited to) environments, backgrounds, characters, props, SFX and color schemes of gaming or video production based on ideas presented by development teams.
- Participate in recruitment and training of new talent
- High level of creativity;
- Ability to move between art styles easily?
- Expert in Photoshop, Painter, Sketch Up;
- Strong artistic aptitudes and skills in industrial design, life drawing, character and environment painting, understanding of color theory and color palette creation;
- Experience in level concept art creation and collaboration with game designers and level artists;
- Highly organized individual with an eye for details and a passion for leading nd mentoring;
- College / University degree in Art related field (including architecture, industrial design, textile/fashion design);
- Good working knowledge of English is a must
- Knowledge of Chinese Mandarin is a big plus
- Position based in Chengdu, China
Follow Interactive Selection jobs on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/interactive-selection Facebook at www.facebook.com/Interactive.Selection and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/gamesjobs
Interactive Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are an equal opportunity recruitment agency that values diversity. We encourage clients to welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
I wish to apply for a job via or register my personal details with Interactive Selection for the purpose of seeking job opportunities within games and interactive entertainment.