High level :
1. Report to the Group Development Director, close collaboration with Group Technical Director.
2. Oversee Artistic leadership, vision, direction and motivation of the Game Art Division. Proactively conduct Art quality evaluations, project reviews, risk management and growth and mentorship of the Art teams.
3. Lead and inspire Game Division Art Directors in Shanghai and indirectly manage Game Art Directors in other studios. Ensure Game Art Department team are not only delivering project goals and objectives, but are also growing the overall talent pool with mentorship and career development programs.
4. Communicate on a regular basis with direct reports, and where possible, with art team members to stay on top of the team’s needs, strengths and weaknesses.
5. Proactively identify Artistic, quality and execution risk associated with projects and work with team leads to propose mitigation strategies.
6. Keep abreast of Artistic technology advancements and initiatives within the games industry and ensure such advancements are evaluated and recommendations are clearly communicated to senior management.
7. Ensure all projects have clear Artist, branding and aesthetic vision that is effectively clearly communicated vertically and horizontally within the Games Division.
8. Work closely with Group Development Director to ensure Artistic staffing plans and teams capabilities are appropriate to deliver the operational and financial goals as defined by senior management.
9. Work with Sales to identify potential business opportunities that could leverage existing or potential internal Artistic capabilities.
10. Work with senior management to ensure technology vision and execution is aligned with company’s strategic goals
1. Ensure the quality of Art deliverables meets project expectations and take mitigation action when are where necessary. Escalate risks to Producer’s and Group Development Director.
2. Ensure all projects are artistically running optimally, and ensure good visibility into all projects in development with the games division (Shanghai and Chengdu) – escalate risks and mitigation plans to Group Development Director.
3. Work closely with AD’s to drive a culture of leadership, proactivity, ownership and accountability within their game teams.
4. Manage communication with clients in coordination with Group Development Director in terms of Artistic project progress and overall visual quality.
5. Continually challenge AD’s to improve performance and efficiencies within the game teams.
HR level :
1. Ensure size, composition and skill levels of the Game Art teams allow us to reach its goals
2. Acts as senior hiring and people manager for Artists within the Game Division
3. Actively identify which artistic disciplines (UI, animation, etc.) are low on resources or lacking in a needed skillset, and work with HR to recruit candidates for the roles. This includes reviewing portfolios, assessing candidates’ tests, interviewing, and advising HR on offer conditions, as well as project placement.
4. Define workflow, standards and training plans for Artists
Several shipped games as AD.
5 years in an Art leadership position
Interactive Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are an equal opportunity recruitment agency that values diversity. We encourage clients to welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
I wish to apply for a job via or register my personal details with Interactive Selection for the purpose of seeking job opportunities within games and interactive entertainment.